This website is run by Code Enigma. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. That means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We’re aware that some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible, yet.
- you can’t modify the font size, line height or spacing of text
- you can’t skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- there’s a limit to how far you can magnify the map on our people pages
- alternative text on photographs don’t always provide accurate context
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format, we don’t currently have any options like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille, but we will happily talk to you over the phone or via email.
Call: +44 (0)20 3588 1550
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page, or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact our design team at email@example.com or call us on: +44 (0)20 3588 1550
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
Our telephone service is managed by TTNC who will take a message and we will get back to you. Please do tell TTNC how you’d like us to contact you, we prefer email, but are happy to call you back.
We’re a distributed company, so if we need to meet, we’d like to come to you, where you’re most comfortable. If this isn’t possible we do have a serviced office in Farringdon, London. There are 4 steps at the front of the building, we can talk to the office and ask for a ramp if required.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Code Enigma is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non accessible content
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non compliance with the accessibility regulations
Some images don’t have a text alternative, so the information isn’t available to people using a screen reader. This doesn’t meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content).
We plan to add text alternatives for all images by January 2020. When we publish new content we’ll make sure our use of images meets accessibility standards.
There are some areas of the website where the colour contrast isn’t strong enough for those who might have vision impairments. This doesn’t meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.4.3 (Contrast)
We plan to tweak the design of the header - where most of the issue is - and ensure this isn’t an issue in the redesign, this will be live by November 2019
When making the skip link to content link for our website we used an invalid tab index of “1” this causes an error on the automated tests we run, it might be that this isn’t a problem and the skip link should come first, and doesn’t miss out important content, but we need to investigate. This doesn’t meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 2.4.3 (Focus Order)
We will do this investigation and make any changes by January 2020
When a page has a sidebar it can be difficult for people using a non-screen reader or keyboard to navigate the right sections. This doesn’t meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.3.1
(Info and Relationships)
We will resolve the incorrect markup by December 2019
On some pages there isn’t a H1 tag but the large text looks like a page title. This wouldn’t be read alloud with some screen readers. This doesn’t meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 2.4.10
We plan to address this when we redesign some parts of the site, this will be live by the end of November 2019
Google Maps on team member pages, doesn’t have a title attribute. We can’t control the embedded map but we do have a sentence before the map which also tells a user where the team member lives.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on 1 August 2019. The test was carried out by Code Enigma as part of internal auditing.
We used the following approach to decide on a sample of pages to test:
One of each content type, every list (Drupal View) generated in Drupal, Drupal specific pages, such as user, login and error pages. Including any content pages which has notably different HTML structures, when this content is created by our editors, the URL gets added to the audit list and will become part of our regression testing.
- Case Study - https://www.codeenigma.com/work/national-stem-learning-centre-0
- FAQ - https://www.codeenigma.com/devops-hosting/faq/how-do-i-create-useful-support-ticket
- Standard Page - https://www.codeenigma.com/our-services/web-development
- Section index - https://www.codeenigma.com
- Dropdown secondary menu: https://www.codeenigma.com/our-services/hosting
- Team: https://www.codeenigma.com/meet-the-team
- FAQ Search: https://www.codeenigma.com/faq?search=code
- Who we work with: https://www.codeenigma.com/work
- User profile page: https://www.codeenigma.com/team/heather
- Log-in: https://www.codeenigma.com/user/login
- 404: https://www.codeenigma.com/404
- 403 (not logged in!): https://www.codeenigma.com/admin/
You can read the full accessibility test report.
This statement was prepared on 1st August 2019. It was last updated on 13th August 2019.